I don't see why you can't try that. I'm pretty sure it will work. The only problem that I could find is if you have enought memory after you install the drivers for your video card. I'll try it in knoppix 3.9 and Kanotix right now
Hasta luego
OK, now that we have UNIONFS, we obviate the need for klik and can apt-get install whatever on the liveCD, right?
What I'd like to do is install my favorite game, bzflag, while running a live KNOPPIX CD but it won't run without some nVidia drivers. I've gotten this to work on a knoppix-installer box + KANO's scripts. My question is can I use these scripts on the liveCD?
Regards,
AJG
I don't see why you can't try that. I'm pretty sure it will work. The only problem that I could find is if you have enought memory after you install the drivers for your video card. I'll try it in knoppix 3.9 and Kanotix right now
Hasta luego
I used kano's script to install my Radeon drivers in knoppix and kanotix. I'm sure you won't have any problem installing the nVidia drivers.
In knoppix 3.9:
The only way I could play bzflag was using klik.
To use klik, read:
http://klik.berlios.de/ or look in this forum about it
install the game using:
klik://bzflag
klik://bzflag-server
I couldn't use apt-get. don't ask me why, I use kanotix
In kanotix
I used klik, no problems.
You can use apt get in kanotix, but you need to use the keys, etc.
OK, thanx for the reply! I was playing around on an nVidia machine using unionfs on a KNOPPIX 3.8.1 liveCD. I got apt-get to install bzflag but it ran really slowly. I'm going to try KANO's driver next. True, the RAM problem is a limitation....
Regards,
AJG

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99