-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Knoppix 3.8.2: remastered ISO larger than original
[quote="rwcitek"]

Originally Posted by
rwcitek
BTW, I am visualizing the compressed filesystem as a bunch of files in a container which is compressed. If I uncompress the container, I get the files. If I take the files out of the container, put them in a new container, and compress the new container, then I get a new compressed container that should be identical to the original container.
I think this is right.
But of your remastering. Have you copied your home directory to /etc/skel and removed it after that? If you have BOTH /etc/skel and /home /knoppix remaining it takes much space. I think that Knoppix.clean script don't empty existing home directory but I might be wrong. Could this be the reason for your too big CD?
-tapsa-
Similar Threads
-
By maestrobwh1 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-18-2007, 07:41 PM
-
By tsfu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 12
Last Post: 03-19-2005, 03:03 AM
-
By nvgringo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 10
Last Post: 08-12-2004, 07:12 PM
-
By diablo266 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-06-2004, 11:59 PM
-
By bfree in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 10:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Atari 400 Computer System console with Power Supply TESTED and Working
$150.00