-
write to flash after booting
I am currently booting a knoppix variant from a 512 mb flash without any problems. This is for a kiosk system that will be running in multiple venues across the country. I have a need to update some of the software over the network. I have noticed that /cdrom contains the files I need to replace, but it is mounted read-only. Since this is actually a flash device, I would like to get it mounted read/write so I can periodically update things.
Is there a place in the boot process where the cdrom ( flash in my case ) is mounted read-only that I can change to read/write?
I won't be writing to it very often, but doing it over the network will save having to ship out new compact flash devices......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a little more detail:
I am running Morphix, and want to replace the main module. Or add a mini module, or files to the copy directory.
If anybody had some ideas on how to accomplish this, I would appreciate it.
KP
Similar Threads
-
By GottaBuild in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-31-2006, 10:42 PM
-
By kpfuser in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2005, 03:31 PM
-
By professordes in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-02-2004, 10:50 PM
-
By averylowiq in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 10:14 PM
-
By KnoppIXuser in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-08-2003, 01:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

Commodore Amiga 500 w/ 512K comes with manuals, turns on and boots from floppy
$499.99

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC
$52.99

Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2
$75.00

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99