-
Probably a newbie question - searched & didn't find a ma
I have a laptop that uses an external, PCMCIA CD drive - the internal one busted a while back and doesn't read any data.
I'd like to make this machine a dual-boot 2K and Knoppix auditor machine, but BIOS boot menu doesn't support PCMCIA devices.
The laptop won't boot off of the CD at all, which is easy to get around with Windows boot disks (installed easily), but I've not found, nor do I know Linux well enough (hence my plea for HELP!)
at making a Linux/Knoppix boot disk and getting it installed on my hard drives other partition.
I've installed the XOSL boot manager, which should do me fine once I get knoppix installed. It also doesn't support external PCMCIA bootups, otherwise I'd be all set right now.
I'm looking for info on how to make knoppix install/bootable floppy or floppies to get it on a hard drive. Heck, I've even considered installing it on another PC and ghosting the linux and swap partitions into my laptop to just get it done.
So please, have pity on a long-time Windows network admin who's learning Linux currently.
Thanks!
Rich
Similar Threads
-
By mute1 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-11-2005, 08:46 PM
-
By ozone in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-11-2004, 03:15 PM
-
By Keira in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-02-2004, 10:25 AM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
-
By adyga in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 06-25-2003, 02:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health
$187.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite 10.9" 128GB Silver Wi-Fi SM-X400NZSAXAR
$206.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

Samsung Chromebook 11.6" HD 1366x768+NONTOUCH INTEL CELERON N3060 - FPR ChromeOS
$161.20

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T677A Motherboard 100% Original Oem
$107.99

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99