Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: cloop 2.02-1 source

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    6

    cloop 2.02-1 source

    I can't seem to find the source code for cloop, version 2.02-1.
    Anyone know where it lives?

    --Fred

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    6
    Request #2:

    This is frustrating. Is anyone doing custom kernels for KNOPPIX?
    If so I would think they would want the source for the latest version of cloop (>= 2.02-1).

    From /usr/share/doc/cloop-module/README
    of cloop-module 2.02-1, KNOPPIX 3.9,
    I see:

    A download location for the currentmost version of this module
    has been provided at: http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/sources/

    And yet http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/sources/, which points to
    http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppix/
    appears to be a year out of date.
    ( the newest there is cloop_2.01-5.tar.gz, which dates from 09-Aug-2004 )

    --Fred

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Ask Klaus Knopper on the Knoppix devel mailing list for the cloop code http://sympa.linuxtag.net/wws

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    6
    Good idea--I tried--thanks.
    I registered--got password--posted with its GUI.
    See below for the results.

    Unless I'm missing something really obvious, in seeking
    the KNOPPIX source code (like cloop)--it's not current, open,
    and widely available, and no one even has noticed.
    I'll be happy if someone tells me I'm wrong, but for now,
    I'm discouraged.

    - - - - - - - -

    Your message for list debian-knoppix has been rejected.
    The message is thus sent back to you.

    Your message :
    Return-Path: <[email protected]>
    Delivered-To: [email protected]
    Received: by butch.nberg.linuxtag.net (Postfix, from userid 106)
    id 2828FA8303; Fri, 5 Aug 2005 17:32:27 +0200 (CEST)
    X-Sympa-From: [email protected]
    To: [email protected]
    From: [email protected]
    In-Reply-To:
    Subject: Looking for Source Code
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    Message-Id: <[email protected] t>
    Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 17:32:27 +0200 (CEST)


    I'm looking for the cloop source code.

    >From /usr/share/doc/cloop-module/README
    of cloop-module 2.02-1, KNOPPIX 3.9,
    I see:

    A download location for the currentmost version of this module
    has been provided at: http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/sources/

    And yet http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/sources/, which points to
    http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppix/
    appears to be a year out of date.
    (the newest there is cloop_2.01-5.tar.gz, which dates from 09-Aug-2004)

    --Fred

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Klaus Knopper has posted the cloop 2.02-1 at http://knopper.net/cloop_2.02-1.tar.gz

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    6
    That's WONDERFUL! THANKS!!!

    --Fred

    (I also saw the posting here, for reference by others interested:
    http://sympa.linuxtag.net/wws/arc/de.../msg00003.html )

Similar Threads

  1. Failed to complie Cloop 2.6.24 from source.
    By hal8000 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 12:18 PM
  2. Missing Source Files -Cloop-2.02-1
    By BillS in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2005, 02:35 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 12:12 AM
  4. cloop : unable to get major 240 for cloop
    By psirac in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 09:22 PM
  5. custom kernel, debian source vs kernel.org source
    By garyng in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2003, 09:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested

$149.99



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640

$39.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$349.95