-
Can the Knoppix Live CD provide the Hardware list ?
I am about to download KNOPPIX for some work here.
I have a friend who has a donated PC, without any clue about the details of the Hardware.
Moreover, the BIOS is locked, and is set to First Boot from the CD, so I can use Knoppix to detect all hardware.
My question is.....
Will Knoppix provide the List of the Hardware he has?
Please tell me how do I access the Service from the Knoppix Live Cd.
Thank you.
Never used Knoppix. 
I am trying to use Knoppix to detect the motherboard, so we can find a manual online, and Reset the BIOS.
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
You will get some information on the chipset, graphics adapter and PCI devices from K-Symbol --> System --> InfoCenter --> PCI.
If it's a desktop computer, you can also open the case and look for the information printed on the motherboard.
-
Thanks a lot for the help guys.
I will first take a closer look at the motherboard.
Moreover, the sticker and other Labels revealed its identity.
It is an IBM Netvista 635025u.
Thanks again for listing the possible options.
I will make use of them in further Troubleshooting of problems.
Similar Threads
-
By Alexey931 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-05-2008, 01:18 PM
-
By nvgringo in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-02-2005, 05:22 AM
-
By vdesibabu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:47 PM
-
By kayl in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 11:48 AM
-
By stefan_isaacs in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 10:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR5 memory kit, 2x16GB
$329.99

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY
$89.00

Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro
$189.99