I am about to download KNOPPIX for some work here.
I have a friend who has a donated PC, without any clue about the details of the Hardware.
Moreover, the BIOS is locked, and is set to First Boot from the CD, so I can use Knoppix to detect all hardware.
My question is.....
Will Knoppix provide the List of the Hardware he has?
Please tell me how do I access the Service from the Knoppix Live Cd.
Thank you.
Never used Knoppix.
I am trying to use Knoppix to detect the motherboard, so we can find a manual online, and Reset the BIOS.
You will get some information on the chipset, graphics adapter and PCI devices from K-Symbol --> System --> InfoCenter --> PCI.
If it's a desktop computer, you can also open the case and look for the information printed on the motherboard.
Thanks a lot for the help guys.
I will first take a closer look at the motherboard.
Moreover, the sticker and other Labels revealed its identity.
It is an IBM Netvista 635025u.
Thanks again for listing the possible options.
I will make use of them in further Troubleshooting of problems.

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold
$121.00
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
64 (32x2 GB) Memory for laptop Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.
$260.00
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99