I am about to download KNOPPIX for some work here.
I have a friend who has a donated PC, without any clue about the details of the Hardware.
Moreover, the BIOS is locked, and is set to First Boot from the CD, so I can use Knoppix to detect all hardware.
My question is.....
Will Knoppix provide the List of the Hardware he has?
Please tell me how do I access the Service from the Knoppix Live Cd.
Thank you.
Never used Knoppix.
I am trying to use Knoppix to detect the motherboard, so we can find a manual online, and Reset the BIOS.
You will get some information on the chipset, graphics adapter and PCI devices from K-Symbol --> System --> InfoCenter --> PCI.
If it's a desktop computer, you can also open the case and look for the information printed on the motherboard.
Thanks a lot for the help guys.
I will first take a closer look at the motherboard.
Moreover, the sticker and other Labels revealed its identity.
It is an IBM Netvista 635025u.
Thanks again for listing the possible options.
I will make use of them in further Troubleshooting of problems.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Seagate BarraCuda 28TB 7.2K SATA 6Gb/s 3.5in Internal HDD ST28000DM000 - Tested
$670.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99