I am about to download KNOPPIX for some work here.
I have a friend who has a donated PC, without any clue about the details of the Hardware.
Moreover, the BIOS is locked, and is set to First Boot from the CD, so I can use Knoppix to detect all hardware.
My question is.....
Will Knoppix provide the List of the Hardware he has?
Please tell me how do I access the Service from the Knoppix Live Cd.
Thank you.
Never used Knoppix.
I am trying to use Knoppix to detect the motherboard, so we can find a manual online, and Reset the BIOS.
You will get some information on the chipset, graphics adapter and PCI devices from K-Symbol --> System --> InfoCenter --> PCI.
If it's a desktop computer, you can also open the case and look for the information printed on the motherboard.
Thanks a lot for the help guys.
I will first take a closer look at the motherboard.
Moreover, the sticker and other Labels revealed its identity.
It is an IBM Netvista 635025u.
Thanks again for listing the possible options.
I will make use of them in further Troubleshooting of problems.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF Server (256GB NVME, 8GB RAM, i5-7500 @ 3.8Ghz)
$75.00
ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99