Hi..
I realy realy want to make my beloved KNOPPIX language to be in my own language.
Actualy, how to doing this, Do I have to create some language module or how..?
Thank you very much for helps..
Hi..
I realy realy want to make my beloved KNOPPIX language to be in my own language.
Actualy, how to doing this, Do I have to create some language module or how..?
Thank you very much for helps..
Well, first you have to install your locales or reconfigure locales to use your language (dpkg-reconfigure locales).Originally Posted by cluzterix
Then check that your language is included in /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig file. If not, add your language. These sections begins like de), fi) etc.
Then add that same language 'cheat code' to your remastering file /KNOPPIX.build/Knoppix.Master/KNOPPIX-CUSTOM/boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg as lang=fi. Notice that you use those same lettes as configured in knoppix-autoconfig. Add also your timezone to knoppix-autoconfig in that same section you have your locales.
Hi...
Thanks for advice..
I have found the link http://i18n.kde.org/screenshots/?a=i&t=id
But it seems, my language is not supported yet.
How and where I have to start from and how to make it my self, please?
Thank you very much.
Best regards.
I didn't know that you meant kde-i18n-id package. You can check all the Debian packages from http://www.debian.org/distrib/packagesOriginally Posted by cluzterix
But anyhow, you can add a new section to knoppix-autoconfig beginning with id) (I think this means Indonesian). Then change lang=us to lang=id in isolinux.cfg.
Now your remastered CD starts with your indonesian locales but KDE starts in english.
I have included in my remastering also swedish locales but could not use kde-i8n-sv package because there's not room enough for it. Anyhow, booting it in swedish uses swedish in many programs as Gimp, Firefox (installed locale package) but KDE is in english which is default. I think you would be happy with indonesian locales (with english KDE) the same.
thanks tr..
Umm.. it means I must download packages named kde-i18-id right?
Can you find it for me please, because i am already stuck, I realy still newbie..![]()
As you mentioned yourself there is no KDE indonesian language package existing at this timeOriginally Posted by cluzterix
Sorry the name should be kde-i18n-id.
-tapsa-
Aawww.. Too bad..![]()

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Sans Digital TR5UT-B 3.5" 5-Bay Black External Storage JBOD/RAID
$150.00
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49
Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller
$295.00