Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Change language of Knoppix?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    22

    Change language of Knoppix?

    Hi..
    I realy realy want to make my beloved KNOPPIX language to be in my own language.
    Actualy, how to doing this, Do I have to create some language module or how..?
    Thank you very much for helps..

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272

    Re: Change language of Knoppix?

    Quote Originally Posted by cluzterix
    Hi..
    I realy realy want to make my beloved KNOPPIX language to be in my own language.
    Actualy, how to doing this, Do I have to create some language module or how..?
    Thank you very much for helps..
    Well, first you have to install your locales or reconfigure locales to use your language (dpkg-reconfigure locales).

    Then check that your language is included in /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig file. If not, add your language. These sections begins like de), fi) etc.

    Then add that same language 'cheat code' to your remastering file /KNOPPIX.build/Knoppix.Master/KNOPPIX-CUSTOM/boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg as lang=fi. Notice that you use those same lettes as configured in knoppix-autoconfig. Add also your timezone to knoppix-autoconfig in that same section you have your locales.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    22

    ...

    Hi...
    Thanks for advice..
    I have found the link http://i18n.kde.org/screenshots/?a=i&t=id
    But it seems, my language is not supported yet.
    How and where I have to start from and how to make it my self, please?

    Thank you very much.
    Best regards.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272

    Re: ...

    Quote Originally Posted by cluzterix
    I have found the link http://i18n.kde.org/screenshots/?a=i&t=id
    But it seems, my language is not supported yet.
    I didn't know that you meant kde-i18n-id package. You can check all the Debian packages from http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

    But anyhow, you can add a new section to knoppix-autoconfig beginning with id) (I think this means Indonesian). Then change lang=us to lang=id in isolinux.cfg.

    Now your remastered CD starts with your indonesian locales but KDE starts in english.

    I have included in my remastering also swedish locales but could not use kde-i8n-sv package because there's not room enough for it. Anyhow, booting it in swedish uses swedish in many programs as Gimp, Firefox (installed locale package) but KDE is in english which is default. I think you would be happy with indonesian locales (with english KDE) the same.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7
    thanks tr..

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    22
    Umm.. it means I must download packages named kde-i18-id right?
    Can you find it for me please, because i am already stuck, I realy still newbie..

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by cluzterix
    Umm.. it means I must download packages named kde-i18-id right?
    Can you find it for me please, because i am already stuck, I realy still newbie..
    As you mentioned yourself there is no KDE indonesian language package existing at this time
    Sorry the name should be kde-i18n-id.

    -tapsa-

  9. #9
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    22
    Aawww.. Too bad..

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix adriane 6.0.1. - how to change country and language
    By mowatmail in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 02:19 PM
  2. How do i change the language setting in Knoppix?
    By silentemotion in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-19-2006, 01:09 PM
  3. How to change language in Knoppix 5.0
    By morpheus276 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 04:05 AM
  4. Knoppix language change
    By snowspawn in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-30-2005, 06:16 AM
  5. Change the language of Knoppix?
    By KnopperX in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 05:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY picture

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY

$89.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



LOT OF 4 HP 840758-091 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666 Registered Server Memory 128GB Total picture

LOT OF 4 HP 840758-091 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666 Registered Server Memory 128GB Total

$1000.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro picture

Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro

$189.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original

$39.88