-
Playing DVDs: YV12 & XVideo
I installed libdvdcss and now my system (Knoppix 3.
will play DVDs (great!) but I am losing a lot of frames and the motion is very 'jarred'.
I ran the diagnostic 'xine-check' and installed several components that the script recommended. However, DVDs are still playing slowly with very jarred action (caused by dropped frames) and I would like to do the last two things with xine-check recommended. These are ...
1. Use YV12 Overlays
2. Have XVideo support
... but I am not sure how to go about this: I have been browsing in KPackage but can't see suitable packages. And I am a bit worried about changing the XServer.
Has anyone else had this problem? Does the issue lie with these two points? Or do you have other suggestions?
Regards,
Alan Searle
PS: My PC has 1.4 GHz and over 500 Mb RAM. This is enough, isn't it? But I would be interested to know what is the bottom limit for playing DVDs? Would they run on a 600 MHz PC with 256 Mb RAM?
Similar Threads
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-14-2007, 03:35 AM
-
By jjman123 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 11:31 PM
-
By jjman123 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 01:45 AM
-
By Cooperator in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-19-2004, 04:44 PM
-
By jon267 in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-19-2003, 01:28 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard
$101.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99