SATA optical drives may be unsupported. Try booting with some Cheat Codes and try failsafe.
I am new at this. I purchased the Knoppix 4.0 LinuxTag 2005 DVD. It works fine on a Windows 2000 PC with a standard IDE DVD drive. But on my Windows XP machine I have an SATA hard drive and an SATA DVD. Knoppix starts loading and gets to the line:
"Scanning for USB/Firewire devices" It says done and then stops with the message:
Can't find knoppix filesystem, sorry. Dropping you to a (very limited) shell. Press reset button to quit.
I can run 3.9 on my CD drive just fine, but even the 3.9 will not run from the SATA DVD ( same above error).
How can I tell Knoppix to recognize the SATA DVD drive?![]()
SATA optical drives may be unsupported. Try booting with some Cheat Codes and try failsafe.

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00
Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor
$259.99
Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES CPU Processor Excellent Used Condition
$88.00
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 CPU 2.20GHz 22-Core 55MB 145W LGA2011-3 SR2JV Processor
$79.99
AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 3.3GHz 6-Core 12-Thread AM4 Desktop CPU Processor Tested
$54.50
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99