Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: PCNet32 Network Card

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21

    PCNet32 Network Card

    I have a SBS 3104 4 port Fiber Network card that uses the PCNet32.o module. When I boot using knoppix 3.4 (Kernel 2.4.26) the card comes up just fine. When I boot using any newer version of knoppix (KNOPPIX 3.7 - kernel 2.4.27 for example) the link light shuts off during the hardware setup portion of the boot. The card uses the AMD 79C970 LANCE chipset. What can I try to get it to work in later KNOPPIX builds?

    Thanks,
    Mark

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21
    I have found the problem. AMD has an error in their driver and I have the source for the new driver. How do I compile the source to make the .o file I need? I would like to do this under KNOKPIX 3.7 using 2.4.27 kernel.

    Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. I need help with my network Card
    By DataHazard in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2005, 06:12 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 03:49 PM
  3. My Network Card...
    By Trikster in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 01:07 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB picture

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB

$82.00



Ultimate 2-in-1 Air Duster & Vacuum - 180-Minute Battery Life for Quick Cleaning picture

Ultimate 2-in-1 Air Duster & Vacuum - 180-Minute Battery Life for Quick Cleaning

$105.99



Datavac PC Computer Vacuum for Keyboard Cleaning w/ Nozzle & Brushes picture

Datavac PC Computer Vacuum for Keyboard Cleaning w/ Nozzle & Brushes

$17.82



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



Vaquform DT2 - Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine picture

Vaquform DT2 - Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine

$800.00



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99