-
knoppix and WinXP
I have a laptop running knoppix v 3.7 from cd-rom. how can I connect to winxp pc shared folder via LAN? I`m using d-link broadband router DI-604.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Open up the GUI file manager known as konqueror. It is the house icon on the taskbar. Once that comes up, in the location bar, I use the following to authenticate to a Windows domain & then access a windows networking share. In the location bar: If you do not need to authenticate to a domain, the form is:or
Code:
smb:/IP.address.of.machine
I hope this helps.
James
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
asyc from other posting
hello. sry my bad english. my problem is next: I have LAN with two computers. first computer is a laptop running knoppix from cd and second computer is pc running winxp professional from HDD. and now problem. if I make connection from winxp pc to knoppix laptop, everything is OK. but if I tryed to connect from my knoppix laptop to winxp pc, connection is failed, cannot answer ping etc. can everybody tell me, what`s wrong.
Do some more tests to prove that networking works on both the Knoppix machine & the Win XP machine.
Can Knoppix machine ping the gateway and other machines that are not the Win XP machine?
Can WinXP machine ping the gateway and other machines that are not the Knoppix machine?
Can WinXP machine ping the Knoppix machine?
Can Knoppix machine ping the Win XP machine? If not, is there a firewall on the Win XP machine?
Similar Threads
-
By asyc in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-03-2005, 08:30 PM
-
By ziyad in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-20-2005, 10:16 AM
-
By Matrox462 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-07-2005, 03:00 AM
-
By predhator in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-23-2003, 03:08 PM
-
By hernan in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-02-2003, 12:22 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD 🚚
$140.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99

Sealed HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen9 2x E5-2699v3 384GB 2x300GB 15K SAS 727021-B21
$2499.95

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08