Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Issue with Atheros madwifi Proxim gold card with 3.9

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3

    Issue with Atheros madwifi Proxim gold card with 3.9

    I have a dell laptop with Knoppix 3.9 installed. I bought a new Proxim gold card that uses Atheros (madwifi) drivers. It works ok on my network with my windows setup but I am having an issue with Knoppix 3.9. Knoppix ses the card and with IWCONFIG and KWIFIMANAGER I can see my network and even other networks in my area but I am not getting an IP address. I made sure that Encription and Mac address filtering were turned off and I still can not get IP. Again it works ok with my windows setup but not knoppix.

    My Knoppix setup does work with my linksys card but I really wanted to use the proxim because of the external antenna.

    Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    200
    Try manually getting one via dhcp
    ifconfig ath0 up
    pump -i ath0

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by foamrotreturns
    Try manually getting one via dhcp
    ifconfig ath0 up
    pump -i ath0
    I did not know that pump command but it worked!!!

    Thanks big time!!

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    200
    There are too many dhcp commands to remember these days and it seems every distro uses a different one.
    for future reference, and if that one doesn't work for you (you being any person reading this thread) you might try these as well:
    dhclient
    dhcpcd

Similar Threads

  1. Proxim Orinoco Gold
    By genius21 in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-17-2005, 06:42 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2005, 12:18 PM
  3. Proxim Orinoco Gold B/G Combo WLAN Card Compatibility
    By GuyLeDouche in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2005, 11:29 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 09:52 AM
  5. Proxim 11 b/g wireless card wont work. Argghhhh.
    By navfett in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2004, 02:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch picture

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch

$115.00



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



NETGEAR GS116PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch UNTESTED  picture

NETGEAR GS116PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch UNTESTED

$40.99