-
OT - Fedore core 4 install problems
I've been having a lot of fun with Knoppix, and thought I'd try some distro's out, so I just went through the process of installing Fedora Core 4 to my 4GB slave drive. All seemed to go well, but when it came to reboot, the screen displays "LI" in the top corner and hangs until I reset.
I can get back into windows by changing the boot order back to the primary disk, but cannot for the life of me get Linux to boot. I thought I may have done something strange or wrong during the install, so I reformatted the disk and tried again, with the same result.
Has anyone else seen this?
-
Further to my first post, I booted Knoppix to have a look at the disk after the Fedora install.
The boot partition looks fine, and is recognised as a linux partition (ext3, /boot, 100 odd MB)
The rest of the disk is one large "unknown" partition, which can't be mounted or examined in any way...
Any clues, anyone?
Similar Threads
-
By GeeIJoe999 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-02-2007, 11:01 PM
-
By rossi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-28-2006, 03:41 PM
-
By shadyaftermath in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-26-2005, 11:12 PM
-
By alex52 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 03:17 AM
-
By xf.7er in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 03:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Digital Movie Poster (USB-flash drive)
$100.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$49.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00