-
Junior Member
registered user
LS Segmentation Fault?!
I use Knoppix to run a server (Yes, a server. Quit looking at me that way. o_o), and so far, my experience with it has been relatively good.
Recently, though, I've been starting to have problems with it: my /var directory has been doing strange funky things.
Like having one of the directories in it being completely unreadable.
First it was /var/mail/input, which caused ls to freeze (and the average load would skyrocket until I rebooted). And now, this:
# ls /var/spool/
Segmentation fault
# ls /var/spool/
<another freeze />
Can someone give me any indications as to why this might be happening?! It's rather unnerving.
Thanks for your time!
EDIT: Oh, and yes, I tried feeding it ^C. It's still waiting.
-
Senior Member
registered user
What version of Knoppix are you running? Are you you running Knoppix from the CD? Or has Knoppix been installed to the hard drive?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix 3.9, from "CD". It's reading the image from a drive partition. (fromhd=/dev/hda5)
HD manual/automatic mount points:
/dev/hda1 /root
/dev/hda5 /cdrom
/dev/hda6 /home
/dev/hdd1 swap
The swap drive has been tested for badblocks (but it's hardly used anyway).
-
Senior Member
registered user
Never done a poor mans install or a tohd/fromhd myself. Maybe I am wrong, but I wonder if UnionFS might be causing a problem. Knoppix 3.9 shipped with a buggy unionfs and it is generally known that Knoppix 3.9 can be unstable in regards to filesystem operations.
-
Junior Member
registered user
That may very well be it. I only started using 3.9 recently, so perhaps it's because of 3.9.
Is there any way to patch/fix it, or should I just back down to 3.8?
Similar Threads
-
By pegasus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-10-2007, 05:08 AM
-
By dvryknopper in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-04-2006, 11:31 PM
-
By reviczky in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 05:03 PM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-02-2004, 05:33 AM
-
By ZeroKun in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-18-2004, 12:44 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

Vintage Atari 1200 Zaxxon Computer software With box and manual
$75.00

Atari 65XE Case, Metal Shielding, and Working Keyboard ONLY, No Motherboard
$50.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Atari 130XE Restored NTSC SALT Tested with Box
$345.00