I installed libdvdcss and now my system (Knoppix 3.will play DVDs (great!) but I am losing a lot of frames and the motion is very 'jarred'.
I ran the diagnostic 'xine-check' and installed several components that the script recommended. However, DVDs are still playing slowly with very jarred action (caused by dropped frames) and I would like to do the last two things with xine-check recommended. These are ...
1. Use YV12 Overlays
2. Have XVideo support
... but I am not sure how to go about this: I have been browsing in KPackage but can't see suitable packages. And I am a bit worried about changing the XServer.
Has anyone else had this problem? Does the issue lie with these two points? Or do you have other suggestions?
Regards,
Alan Searle
PS: My PC has 1.4 GHz and over 500 Mb RAM. This is enough, isn't it? But I would be interested to know what is the bottom limit for playing DVDs? Would they run on a 600 MHz PC with 256 Mb RAM?

Lot of 11 Micron 32GB PC4-21300 DDR4-2666V Server Memory MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1QG
$1650.00
Micron 8GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM RAM (MTA9ASF1G72PZ-3G2E2
$30.00
1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00
SK Hynix 32GB(1x32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2666V-R DDR4 ECC Memory RDIMM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$200.00
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2400T-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$340.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55