SATA optical drives may be unsupported. Try booting with some Cheat Codes and try failsafe.
I am new at this. I purchased the Knoppix 4.0 LinuxTag 2005 DVD. It works fine on a Windows 2000 PC with a standard IDE DVD drive. But on my Windows XP machine I have an SATA hard drive and an SATA DVD. Knoppix starts loading and gets to the line:
"Scanning for USB/Firewire devices" It says done and then stops with the message:
Can't find knoppix filesystem, sorry. Dropping you to a (very limited) shell. Press reset button to quit.
I can run 3.9 on my CD drive just fine, but even the 3.9 will not run from the SATA DVD ( same above error).
How can I tell Knoppix to recognize the SATA DVD drive?![]()
SATA optical drives may be unsupported. Try booting with some Cheat Codes and try failsafe.

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99
Juniper EX3300-24T EX Series Ethernet Switch
$249.00
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$71.87
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99