Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: PCNet32 Network Card

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21

    PCNet32 Network Card

    I have a SBS 3104 4 port Fiber Network card that uses the PCNet32.o module. When I boot using knoppix 3.4 (Kernel 2.4.26) the card comes up just fine. When I boot using any newer version of knoppix (KNOPPIX 3.7 - kernel 2.4.27 for example) the link light shuts off during the hardware setup portion of the boot. The card uses the AMD 79C970 LANCE chipset. What can I try to get it to work in later KNOPPIX builds?

    Thanks,
    Mark

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21
    I have found the problem. AMD has an error in their driver and I have the source for the new driver. How do I compile the source to make the .o file I need? I would like to do this under KNOKPIX 3.7 using 2.4.27 kernel.

    Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. I need help with my network Card
    By DataHazard in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2005, 06:12 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 03:49 PM
  3. My Network Card...
    By Trikster in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 01:07 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell PowerEdge R640  8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU

$315.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$41.19



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Datacenter 64Bit 24 Core 50 cal Freeshipping picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Datacenter 64Bit 24 Core 50 cal Freeshipping

$54.99