Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Can't save configs to floppy

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8

    Can't save configs to floppy

    Still a virgin, running Knoppix from HD with a boot floppy.

    I've made a few changes - fonts, mouse speed, etc. - and saved them to my boot floppy. But when I boot using Knoppix floppyconfig I get a nice message saying all of the mods are recognized and loading but none of them take effect. Huh?

    What's the difference between saving these configs to floppy and "persistent home"?

    I'm willing to make pretty much any changes to my Win98 HD except repartitioning (soon, be gentle).

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    31
    I can't answer your question unhappily but you may be able to answer mine... please tell me how you got to load Knoppix onto your HD and to load from there!

    I have made a folder on my 98 HD labelled KNOPPIX and into it I have copied the entire 600 odd meg of the KNOPPIX folder on the CD. I have tried every batch file under the sun(until I've gone grey) and it still won't run.

    To save time you could email me on:

    [email protected]

    Remove the 'nospam' first though.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewen
    I can't answer your question unhappily but you may be able to answer mine... please tell me how you got to load Knoppix onto your HD and to load from there!

    I have made a folder on my 98 HD labelled KNOPPIX and into it I have copied the entire 600 odd meg of the KNOPPIX folder on the CD. I have tried every batch file under the sun(until I've gone grey) and it still won't run.

    To save time you could email me on:

    [email protected]

    Remove the 'nospam' first though.
    See the posts here.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    31
    Thanks Stephen... that is the thread I have been following and the one that I am having difficulty with. If you will refer to the same thread my latest post is at the end and it details my problems.

    Regards.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8
    One more thing. When you boot from the floppy and you get the boot prompt, type "knoppix lang=us keyboard=us" for English. Find and print the cheat codes.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Allen, TX, USA
    Posts
    17
    When you boot from the floppy and you get the boot prompt, type "knoppix lang=us keyboard=us" for English.
    I kind of thought that was the point of saving config's - that is, so I don't have to type in my language, keyboard, screen resolution, etc.

    Is there a way to just put in a (properly set up) floppy and have Knoppix open the way I want it - without any additonal boot prompts where I have to enter cheat codes?

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewen
    I can't answer your question unhappily but you may be able to answer mine... please tell me how you got to load Knoppix onto your HD and to load from there!

    I have made a folder on my 98 HD labelled KNOPPIX and into it I have copied the entire 600 odd meg of the KNOPPIX folder on the CD. I have tried every batch file under the sun(until I've gone grey) and it still won't run..
    Copying the Knoppix folder should suffice, yes. Wierd that it doesn't work. Is the partition autodetected by Knoppix? When you boot from CD off coarse. You say (Win)98, so it should be FAT16 or 32, that should just work. NTFS won't, but isn't support bij Win98 anyways.

    I works with my machine, though I just reboot with a rawritten boot floppy in the drive. Didn't try loadlin etc.

Similar Threads

  1. Can only save configuration to floppy, not to USB
    By rduke15 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 02:48 PM
  2. lindows floppy save??
    By bugsy in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2004, 05:50 AM
  3. configs.tbz crashed
    By eculbert2 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-01-2004, 01:36 AM
  4. Save config without floppy
    By cld in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 07:26 AM
  5. Floppy config files too big to save !
    By in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-13-2003, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory picture

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory

$149.99



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 RAM CMK64GX4M2E3200C16 picture

Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 RAM CMK64GX4M2E3200C16

$399.99



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30* picture

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*

$785.00



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00



NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3 picture

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3

$550.00