-
ZoomAir 4000 PCMCIA "PRISM I" Wireless?
??? The Zoom Telephonics "ZoomAir 4000" PCMCIA 2Mbps Wireless card and Knoppix ???
----------------------------------------------
I had one of these old ZoomAir "PRISM I" cards in my junk pile. After I found out that the Knoppix 3.9 CD and the 4.0 DVD didn't want to see my Belkin F5D6020 802.11b CardBus PCCARD, I popped in the ZoomAir card. The red Power LED on the ZoomAir card lights up, but Knoppix doesn't see it. I think I found the source for a Linux driver that supports the ZoomAir 4000 at:
ftp://ftp.linux-wlan.org/pub/linux-wlan/
It looks like Version 0.3.4 might have been the last beta release of the driver(?). From what I could see when I was reading, the odd number in the middle means that it was a beta release. The server also has a version 0.2.6 which would have been a stable release. The best candidate would probably be the 0.2.6 release. I'm not exactly sure where in the development tree the two different versions sit in relation to each other to be able to know which was the latest and the last.
Has anyone out there manged to get a ZoomAir 4000 (or 4005) working with any release of Knoppix?
It sure would be neat to be able to use this old PRISM I card. WEP support was only 64 bits, at least with its old Windows driver. It has one great advantage, it doesn't need a CardBus slot which is important for things like my old pen tablet...
-jackaljackal-
Similar Threads
-
By montalegrejorge in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-09-2008, 10:50 PM
-
By fitzov in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 03:44 AM
-
By dgr72371 in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2004, 03:27 PM
-
By dgr72371 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-22-2004, 11:52 PM
-
By manjo in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-27-2003, 08:06 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM
$286.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

64GB Kit (4x16GB) - 16GB DDR-4 3200AA MHz UDIMM Samsung M378A2G43AB3-CWE Tested
$255.00

Samsung M393A2K43DB3 16GB (1x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz M393A2K43DB3
$89.99

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

Team Group T-Force Vulcan 32GB (2x16GB) TLZGD416G3200HC16FBK - Tested
$149.95