I'd like to install windows XP and Kaella Knoppix on a usb drive.
I'm lookup for a procedure to do it.
Thanks.
I'd like to install windows XP and Kaella Knoppix on a usb drive.
I'm lookup for a procedure to do it.
Thanks.
Do not type in all caps because it seems like you are shouting & makes people avoid your post.
Do not change your text to all red because it is annoying & makes people avoid your post.
Have you searched the forums?
Have you read the documentation?
In fact, i'd like to install on a usb hard disk.![]()
Knoppix will work just great from a USB dongle, look in here to find out how to do it:Originally Posted by KENYX
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...=asc&start=240
But to boot and run XP from a USB dongle will destroy slowly your dongle since XP just cannot stop
writing on the disk (in this case your USB dongle), most likely in the same bloc/area of the disk
and when you know that the number of erase and write cycles of a flash are still quite high
but somewhat limnited to 100K to 1M cycles, I would definitively worry about it if XP keeps running.
My 2 cents...
Gilles
ok, so i will try an another configuration with only KNOPPIX on my usb hard disk.
I have tried to install some Linux distribution(Mandrake) on an external USB HDD(this part is the most painful, maybe you need some luck if your NB is relatively new model) => then install vmware => then install windows XP, it works !
but if I configure the network (eth0, eth1, ...), it will no longer bootable ! I still not figure this out.
p.s. you can not install windows XP on an external USB HDD, I had tried many times in different ways, they all failed, I think Microsoft want to avoided this, very understandable![]()

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99