-
network not working
Now, I have searched all over these forums and I haven not been able to find something that helps me with my dilema. I'm using the live cd of knoppix 3.9 and I can't seem to access the internet. I ran an lspci and it listed my network card as Ethernet controller: National Semiconductor Corp. DP83815/816 10/100 MacPhyter PCI Adapter. And i checked on its status and it's sending and recieving packets, but the number sent matches the number recieved EXACTLY, so i think it's just getting back the packets that it sent out. DHCP also fails. I connect to my modem through a switch, and when i boot my laptop in Windows, it works just fine DHCP'ing for an IP address. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
-
Senior Member
registered user
First make sure Knoppix is detecting & loading the appropriate driver. At the prompt: ifconfig -a
It should list a eth0 device. If that is not listed, then the driver is not being loaded.
If it is listed, Knoppix boots with a splash screen. At that splash screen you can enter codes which will force Knoppix to do certain things. Theses codes are known as Cheat Codes. I know that on 1 of my PCs, if I do not use a particular Cheat Code, the mahine will act bizzare and the network wont work. You may need to try:
knoppix acpi=off
OR
knoppix noapic
Similar Threads
-
By redss in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-17-2009, 11:57 AM
-
By simplyskate in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-29-2005, 10:11 PM
-
By phoenix07 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
-
By antrod in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-13-2003, 11:39 PM
-
By Anssi in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW
$450.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95