Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Looking for specific 'alsa' bootcommand 'alsa=ac97 intel8x0'

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1

    Looking for specific 'alsa' bootcommand 'alsa=ac97 intel8x0'

    This is yet another sound problem. I was told a while back when I first got knoppix to enter a command similar to this to fix my sound, But I can't remember what it was exactly, because I have not used knoppix in about a year.

    If anyone could help me on this matter it would be greatly appreciated. It seems to be a lost command; with all of these people having very similar sound problem. I have searched for the past two hours using google and a few linux forums for that command that I so desperately need but I have not seen any mention of it.

    I am also a complete noob when it comes to linux. Only having used knoppix a few times.

    Here is as close as I can come to the code yet again: for conveniance(sp?).

    "Alsa=ac97 intel8x0"

    I appreciate any help and/or support provided regarding this matter. And for clarification purposes I just want the corrected version of the bootcommand that is shown here. That is why I have not provided any additional information such as my soundcard/chipset/etc(you can probably already guess that though )

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    77

    cheatcodes

    is it? knoppix26 alsa=intel8x0

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: cheatcodes

    Quote Originally Posted by WaKa
    is it? knoppix26 alsa=intel8x0
    What version of Knoppix are you talking about? knoppix26 should only work for 3.7 and I saw no mention of that above.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    43
    The cheatcode alsa=intel8x0 works great for me.

Similar Threads

  1. SoundCard??? Alsa ??? Alsaconf ??? Intel8x0 ???
    By RichardRoche in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2005, 06:10 PM
  2. Alsa problem; alsa-autoconfig does not work
    By ScreamingTemporalDoom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 08:48 AM
  3. problems with alsa alsa-autoconfig doesn't seem to work
    By dzogchen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 06:37 AM
  4. /lib/modules/extra/alsa/snd-intel8x0.o missing in 3.3
    By Edwin Glaser in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2004, 09:03 PM
  5. knoppix alsa=intel8x0 kills nvidia
    By listman in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 07:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends picture

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends

$149.00



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit picture

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit

$44.99



LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold picture

LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold

$749.99



Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is) picture

Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is)

$350.00



Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe picture

Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe

$449.99



IBM Aptiva E5D Intel Pentium II 400MHz 64MB RAM No HDD Vintage Computer 2139E5D picture

IBM Aptiva E5D Intel Pentium II 400MHz 64MB RAM No HDD Vintage Computer 2139E5D

$219.99



VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE picture

VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE

$299.99