-
Editing dhcpd.conf to enable apt-get access
I need to edit the dhcpd.conf file to set up my ISP dns server in order to get resolv.conf to accept it otherwise resolv.conf gets overwritten on every boot-up by DHCP. (I can't use a static IP address as my router is supplied ready-cinfigured by my Wife's company and can't be accessd. They also supply AND pay for my Broadband access! <VBG>)
I did this successfully in Ubuntu which is also a Debian-based distro, but the config file there was totally different!
What lines in dhcpd.conf do I have to change?
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
I think you might be looking in the wrong file. dhcpd.conf is used to configure the dhcp service. The only time you need to edit that file is when you want to start a DHCP server for your LAN. Perhaps you need to edit the /etc/network/interfaces file.
-

Originally Posted by
UnderScore
No it's not that - I need to be able to add my ISP dns to resolv.conf - if I do that manually, it is overwritten on each startup by the DHCP server on the router.
-
Senior Member
registered user
OK. Are you running Knoppix from the CD or has it been installed to the HD? If it has been installed to the HD, then what type of HD install did you use?
-

Originally Posted by
UnderScore
OK. Are you running Knoppix from the CD or has it been installed to the HD? If it has been installed to the HD, then what
type of HD install did you use?
HDD install - I /think/ I did the Debian install but it might have been the beginner as I wanted multiple uers. Sorry I can't remember more clearly!
Similar Threads
-
By bbrother in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 11:09 PM
-
By Legithrandil in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-31-2004, 04:44 PM
-
By activeco in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 05:16 PM
-
By smarchand291 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 11:41 PM
-
By buxus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-26-2003, 05:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box
$1500.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99

YEALINK W60B DECT VoIP BASE STATION VOIP SIP FOR UP TO 8 HANDSETS + OEM ADPTR
$50.00