-
Senior Member
registered user
Nero 6 burnt the DVD iso just fine for me.
You, of course, have to know how to use Nero.
So my advice is to stick with what is known to work and not to pay attention to those who disparage Nero but offer no better suggestions.
These are the "views" I was referring to, and that were contained in your post. I did not intend to imply that you had any other views about it, nor did I intend to make my views, yours. Maybe a better choice of words would have been "Statements" rather than "Views". It is my view that Nero keeps getting better, simply because it appears to work a little more reliably than before, more drive coverage has been added, and a few bugs were addressed along the way. I do not use the "Express" interface or the "Start Smart" features, nor do I install all of the components. I rarely use the InCD packet writing portion and have it installed on only one machine at the moment. InCD has occasionally caused disc access issues for me. There are some quirks that I dislike. For example, even though you do not save the disc compilation when exiting, it comes right back with the last disc label used and pointing to the last files accessed in its file manager. Minor stuff, mostly, but one major issue is the fact that they keep trying to do everything that there is to do, and a few of those features are not quite ready for prime time. That prompted my statement that I use these programs for what they are best suited for and that includes Nero. Nero does have the capability to select most CD and DVD types and appears to even make the recommendation when it "Thinks" you are making an error, such as burning an iso as a "file" to disc, instead of "opening" the iso to burn. It also will sometimes recommend a different disc format when you try to do something that may not work. An example is attempting to burn a file over 2 Gig to a ISO DVD. It will suggest a UDF format for your large files, since UDF allows files over 2 Gig. Older versions did not always do that and it currently reminds me of simple things I should be aware of, but forget when I'm in a hurry or distracted while having a "Senior Moment". Simply stated, I use Nero for the majority of my routine disc burning tasks, unless I have found something else that does a better job for that particular application. I have almost every version of Easy CD Creator ever made and I used it as my default application until Nero took it's place. If I can remember correctly, it was due to a major bug that I encountered with Easy CD Creator that consistently crashed the system. You needed to BUY the "Upgrade" to fix it. I fell back on Nero to do what I needed at that moment and found it did that well enough. That was around the time when Roxio replaced Adaptec as the "Brand of Record". I have also found that Nero "Plays Well With Others" and causes fewer compatibility issues with other burning programs installed on the same system and it does not appear to assume that you want to make it the "God" of burning applications on your PC, and let it install and take over all functions by default.
I burned my first CD somewhere around 1989/1990 or so if I can recall correctly, and the software has become a LOT easier to use and the process itself has become simpler and less time intensive for the user. Authoring and burning a CD used to take hours, if not all day, especially on a hopped up 386 machine running something called DOS, unless you were unlucky enough to have something that worked (or not) in something called Windows a little later on. Back then you had to know quite a bit more about the "Format" and "Structure" of the disc you were trying to burn. There was much less room for error since a blank disc back then cost about as much as a tank of gas today, or even maybe tomorrow.
The main reason for my post apparently was about the same as an issue you had stated in yours. I was a little puzzled by the statement "just get a dvd burner program...they have special ones for that...". I was wondering if there was a program that was more "Specialized" for the task that I was not aware of, or if the author misunderstood what the original poster had stated about using Nero in the first place.
I apologize if my post has caused any misunderstandings.
Similar Threads
-
By uniflator in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-14-2011, 02:19 PM
-
By tmarr04 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-16-2005, 07:47 PM
-
By beccon in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 01:05 AM
-
By chefakito in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-26-2003, 02:57 PM
-
By chrish in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

COMMODORE 1581 3-1/2" FLOPPY DRIVE WITH JIFFYDOS. TESTED AND WORKING
$325.00

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Vintage 1976 Commodore MOS KIM-1 Single Board Computer 6502 SBC w/ 4 Manuals
$1400.00

Commodore USA 64x Mini-ITX Barebones w/ Slot Load Blu-ray, Memory Card Reader ++
$449.99

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

Vintage Commodore 1571 Disk Drive For Parts
$79.00

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50