Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: "Warning: Address Line A20 already enabled"

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4

    "Warning: Address Line A20 already enabled"

    What does this mean, and how can I work around it?

    Thanks a lot.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    How did you burn the ISO image to the CDR? I googled and found some websites that suggest the A20 error is from a CDR is not burned properly. Fortunately we have a downloading & burning frequently asked questions which will help you burn the ISO correctly, http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Downloading_FAQ

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4
    Yea, sorry, I just burned the image wrong... I have a different problem now though =P. Now, when I boot the CD, I get to a Gray screen with and "X" cursor, and nothing happens. The mouse is able to move, so it didn't exactly freeze, but I think the loading process hangs.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    228
    Maybe a bad burn. Use boot option "testcd" to check data integrity.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4
    Yea, I tested it and I saw that KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX failed the test.

    I think I'll try getting the ISO from another mirror, in case something is wrong with the one I have.

  6. #6
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by mmelzer2004
    Yea, I tested it and I saw that KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX failed the test.

    I think I'll try getting the ISO from another mirror, in case something is wrong with the one I have.
    There is an md5 file on every mirror that will let you be 100 % certain if the iso is good or not. Checking the md5 checksum makes much more sense than downloading another 694 megs and still not being sure if what you downloaded is good. If you can't be bothered to do the simple steps outlined in the downloading faq to check the md5 sum, then you really should just stick with Windows, you're not well suited to using Linux anyway.

    Read the downloading faq for another way to completely avoid the corruption problems seen on the mirrors. It also involves actually learning something.

    By the way, I pointed you right to checking the md5 checksum in this other thread you started. But you eventaully came to the conclusion again that you could have a bad download. Why do you ask for advice but then ignore it?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-26-2007, 08:58 AM
  2. Fix for WINE "Warning:...L"c:\\windows" is no
    By rharazin in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2006, 04:31 PM
  3. warning:address line A20 already enabled
    By alsdaboss in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 05:00 PM
  4. Problem with "root=" kernel command-line argument
    By LukeyBoy in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2004, 02:35 PM
  5. "Foreign" drive formats and "dd" command
    By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on picture

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on

$255.00



Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly picture

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly

$18.95



Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ picture

Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ

$270.00



Atari 800XL Home Computer 64K RAM in Original Box 1984 Olympic Edition Untested picture

Atari 800XL Home Computer 64K RAM in Original Box 1984 Olympic Edition Untested

$149.99



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Broken Indus GT Floppy Disk Drive for Atari picture

Broken Indus GT Floppy Disk Drive for Atari

$129.99



Atari 800XL 8-bit Home Computer Video Game System - **UNTESTED PARTS OR REPAIR** picture

Atari 800XL 8-bit Home Computer Video Game System - **UNTESTED PARTS OR REPAIR**

$89.99



atari 400 Upgraded 48k board & mpp-1100 working & Power Supply picture

atari 400 Upgraded 48k board & mpp-1100 working & Power Supply

$109.65



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U picture

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U

$159.99