Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: "Warning: Address Line A20 already enabled"

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4

    "Warning: Address Line A20 already enabled"

    What does this mean, and how can I work around it?

    Thanks a lot.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    How did you burn the ISO image to the CDR? I googled and found some websites that suggest the A20 error is from a CDR is not burned properly. Fortunately we have a downloading & burning frequently asked questions which will help you burn the ISO correctly, http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Downloading_FAQ

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4
    Yea, sorry, I just burned the image wrong... I have a different problem now though =P. Now, when I boot the CD, I get to a Gray screen with and "X" cursor, and nothing happens. The mouse is able to move, so it didn't exactly freeze, but I think the loading process hangs.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    228
    Maybe a bad burn. Use boot option "testcd" to check data integrity.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4
    Yea, I tested it and I saw that KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX failed the test.

    I think I'll try getting the ISO from another mirror, in case something is wrong with the one I have.

  6. #6
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by mmelzer2004
    Yea, I tested it and I saw that KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX failed the test.

    I think I'll try getting the ISO from another mirror, in case something is wrong with the one I have.
    There is an md5 file on every mirror that will let you be 100 % certain if the iso is good or not. Checking the md5 checksum makes much more sense than downloading another 694 megs and still not being sure if what you downloaded is good. If you can't be bothered to do the simple steps outlined in the downloading faq to check the md5 sum, then you really should just stick with Windows, you're not well suited to using Linux anyway.

    Read the downloading faq for another way to completely avoid the corruption problems seen on the mirrors. It also involves actually learning something.

    By the way, I pointed you right to checking the md5 checksum in this other thread you started. But you eventaully came to the conclusion again that you could have a bad download. Why do you ask for advice but then ignore it?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-26-2007, 08:58 AM
  2. Fix for WINE "Warning:...L"c:\\windows" is no
    By rharazin in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2006, 04:31 PM
  3. warning:address line A20 already enabled
    By alsdaboss in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 05:00 PM
  4. Problem with "root=" kernel command-line argument
    By LukeyBoy in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2004, 02:35 PM
  5. "Foreign" drive formats and "dd" command
    By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Nanya NT32GA72D4NFX3K-JR 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA K25 DDR4 RDIMM RAM Server Memory picture

Nanya NT32GA72D4NFX3K-JR 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA K25 DDR4 RDIMM RAM Server Memory

$199.99



SK hynix 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 SDRAM PC4-2133P 288-Pin DIMM HMA41GU7AFR8N-TF picture

SK hynix 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 SDRAM PC4-2133P 288-Pin DIMM HMA41GU7AFR8N-TF

$65.00



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



HYNIX 64GB (1X64GB) 2RX4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SERVER MEMORY picture

HYNIX 64GB (1X64GB) 2RX4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SERVER MEMORY

$600.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB picture

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB

$124.95



Micron 8GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM RAM (MTA9ASF1G72PZ-3G2E2 picture

Micron 8GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM RAM (MTA9ASF1G72PZ-3G2E2

$30.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$471.39