Hi, I see ther are a few threads with this same problem (and i have already tried the advice in those)... and let me say right from the start, I am seriously Linux impared, I've never used it, although I like what I see in Knoppixanyway...
I am using the 3.9 version, and I also downloaded 3.8.2 and tried to run both, but they hang at the Autoconfiguring Devices section, as in, I am unable to do anything but reset the computer. However, I am able to get into the graphical interface with 'boot: knoppix nohwsetup'. But that doesn't help because then my alternate USB CD burner isn't detected, my internet connection, or anything else but the mouse and hard drives... or maybe I am just doing something wrong?
Anyway, i desperatley need this to work, my external hard drive decided to stop working, so i had to take it out of the case and hook it up as a internal hard drive, which Linux can detect. I played the files in the media player on Knoppix without a problem.
I am also sure that the images i burned were burned at a slow speed, and are also complete. (they started up on my laptop flawlessly!)
My overal objective with using Knoppix: get it working, burn off the files on my hard drive which isn't working correctly (on a alternate USB cd burner, or even better, is it possible to startup using the USB burner, and burn the files onto a DVD with the internal?), then return to Windows and be happy
Any help is appreciated greatlyI lost 50gb+ of files that seem to still be floating there.....
--
ok i found out where knoppix kept choking at, my video card (Radeon 9200 PCI). so i loaded it using the onboard graphics and it loaded!but it didn't detect my USB CD Burner, which i need in order to burn off my files :/

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99