Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: New to Knoppix, ISDN problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3

    New to Knoppix, ISDN problem

    Hello all!

    I am new to Knoppix and Linux at all... I am trying to setup my internet connection so I can connect to the internet, browse websites...etc. The problem is, I don't know how to set up a connection and connect. I tried with "ISDN Connection", I added new account, but it won't connect, it just says "Offline" in green box, no error messages. The problem may be in that MSN/EAZ textbox, because I really don't know what I need to put there.

    Please help me!

    Thank you,
    Nebo

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    What I usually type is: euro isdn

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3
    I tried that, but it still doesn't work. It shows "ONLINE" for a second, and then shows its offline again...

    Maybe it doesn't detect the modem? Where is something like Windows' "Device Manager" on Knoppix where I can see all hardware detected?

    Thanks,
    Nebo

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    Are you connected just for a second? Your ISDN device is detected. It's look like a login/password issue, or maybe it depend which is your country. 'euro isdn' is just a protocol for europe and some other countries, and maybe yours is some other of them that are at this link:
    http://www.protocols.com/pbook/isdn.htm#International

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    228
    What type of ISDN modem do you use (manufacturer, type) and how is it connected to the computer (PCI card, USB, serial/parallel port, ethernet)?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3
    Euro ISDN should work then, I'm from Croatia.

    I use Billion BIPAC-PCI ISDN Card, by Billion Electric Co., Ltd.

    And where is something like Device Manager in Knoppix?

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 5.3.1 und ISDN
    By abepa in forum German Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2008, 04:58 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 12:06 PM
  3. usb isdn adapter in knoppix
    By darq in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2005, 04:13 PM
  4. WebShuttle USB-ISDN-Adapter problem.
    By Jakoob-Siem in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2005, 10:40 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2004, 09:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU picture

Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU

$279.99



Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



HP Z640 2x Xeon E5-2609V4 16GB DDR4 RAM 256GB SSD 1TB HDD nVidia Quadro K620 GPU picture

HP Z640 2x Xeon E5-2609V4 16GB DDR4 RAM 256GB SSD 1TB HDD nVidia Quadro K620 GPU

$479.00



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon Gold 6248R 3.0GHz 24-Core SRGZG 35.75MB LGA3647 Server CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon Gold 6248R 3.0GHz 24-Core SRGZG 35.75MB LGA3647 Server CPU Processor

$269.99



For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX picture

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX

$149.99



Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600  Win 10 picture

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10

$109.99