-
Mandrake rescue partition table
I was installing a Mandrake distrubution and i modified the partition table. I was hoping I could fix the mistake with Knoppix. I installed but then could boot into it with the boot loader, becuase the only Linux partition was hdb5. I am trying to get the hard drive partition so that there is a big windows partition, and a small swap and the Linux partition. So Windows=hdb1 Swap=hdb2 Linux=hdb3. But then there is an error and somehow the Linux partition became hdb5, but there are only three paritions. The Windows parition and hda are ok, but when I try to install again, I get the error"
"I cant read the partition table of device hdb, it is too corrupted for me
. I can try to go on erasing over bad partitions (all data will be lost) The other solution is to not allow DrakeX to modify the partition table. (The error is /proc/partition doesnt agree with drakex 3 !=0:
)"
The smiley wasnt really like that, it changed when I posted, it looked like this :,( without the comma.
It then ask if i agree to lose all of the partitions, and if I say no, it just goes with the rest of the installation, but I am not going to hit es. Can someone please help me.
Similar Threads
-
By Nevermore in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-17-2009, 01:59 PM
-
By yonatan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 02-17-2005, 02:00 AM
-
By rohandhruva in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-12-2004, 05:39 PM
-
By NormanBates in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-21-2004, 06:46 AM
-
By Canis in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-13-2003, 07:52 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive
$109.99

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99