-
New to Knoppix, ISDN problem
Hello all! 
I am new to Knoppix and Linux at all... I am trying to setup my internet connection so I can connect to the internet, browse websites...etc. The problem is, I don't know how to set up a connection and connect. I tried with "ISDN Connection", I added new account, but it won't connect, it just says "Offline" in green box, no error messages. The problem may be in that MSN/EAZ textbox, because I really don't know what I need to put there.
Please help me!
Thank you,
Nebo
-
Senior Member
registered user
What I usually type is: euro isdn
-
I tried that, but it still doesn't work. It shows "ONLINE" for a second, and then shows its offline again...
Maybe it doesn't detect the modem? Where is something like Windows' "Device Manager" on Knoppix where I can see all hardware detected?
Thanks,
Nebo
-
Senior Member
registered user
Are you connected just for a second? Your ISDN device is detected. It's look like a login/password issue, or maybe it depend which is your country. 'euro isdn' is just a protocol for europe and some other countries, and maybe yours is some other of them that are at this link:
http://www.protocols.com/pbook/isdn.htm#International
-
Senior Member
registered user
What type of ISDN modem do you use (manufacturer, type) and how is it connected to the computer (PCI card, USB, serial/parallel port, ethernet)?
-
Euro ISDN should work then, I'm from Croatia.
I use Billion BIPAC-PCI ISDN Card, by Billion Electric Co., Ltd.
And where is something like Device Manager in Knoppix?
Similar Threads
-
By abepa in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-27-2008, 04:58 PM
-
By happylu in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-03-2007, 12:06 PM
-
By darq in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-10-2005, 04:13 PM
-
By Jakoob-Siem in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-07-2005, 10:40 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-30-2004, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$37.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM
$19.95

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 (P85) P85_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99