Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: New to Knoppix, ISDN problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3

    New to Knoppix, ISDN problem

    Hello all!

    I am new to Knoppix and Linux at all... I am trying to setup my internet connection so I can connect to the internet, browse websites...etc. The problem is, I don't know how to set up a connection and connect. I tried with "ISDN Connection", I added new account, but it won't connect, it just says "Offline" in green box, no error messages. The problem may be in that MSN/EAZ textbox, because I really don't know what I need to put there.

    Please help me!

    Thank you,
    Nebo

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    What I usually type is: euro isdn

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3
    I tried that, but it still doesn't work. It shows "ONLINE" for a second, and then shows its offline again...

    Maybe it doesn't detect the modem? Where is something like Windows' "Device Manager" on Knoppix where I can see all hardware detected?

    Thanks,
    Nebo

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    Are you connected just for a second? Your ISDN device is detected. It's look like a login/password issue, or maybe it depend which is your country. 'euro isdn' is just a protocol for europe and some other countries, and maybe yours is some other of them that are at this link:
    http://www.protocols.com/pbook/isdn.htm#International

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    228
    What type of ISDN modem do you use (manufacturer, type) and how is it connected to the computer (PCI card, USB, serial/parallel port, ethernet)?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3
    Euro ISDN should work then, I'm from Croatia.

    I use Billion BIPAC-PCI ISDN Card, by Billion Electric Co., Ltd.

    And where is something like Device Manager in Knoppix?

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 5.3.1 und ISDN
    By abepa in forum German Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2008, 04:58 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 12:06 PM
  3. usb isdn adapter in knoppix
    By darq in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2005, 04:13 PM
  4. WebShuttle USB-ISDN-Adapter problem.
    By Jakoob-Siem in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2005, 10:40 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2004, 09:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive picture

Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive

$109.99



Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED picture

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED

$34.95



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408

$354.99