Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: New to Knoppix, ISDN problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3

    New to Knoppix, ISDN problem

    Hello all!

    I am new to Knoppix and Linux at all... I am trying to setup my internet connection so I can connect to the internet, browse websites...etc. The problem is, I don't know how to set up a connection and connect. I tried with "ISDN Connection", I added new account, but it won't connect, it just says "Offline" in green box, no error messages. The problem may be in that MSN/EAZ textbox, because I really don't know what I need to put there.

    Please help me!

    Thank you,
    Nebo

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    What I usually type is: euro isdn

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3
    I tried that, but it still doesn't work. It shows "ONLINE" for a second, and then shows its offline again...

    Maybe it doesn't detect the modem? Where is something like Windows' "Device Manager" on Knoppix where I can see all hardware detected?

    Thanks,
    Nebo

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    Are you connected just for a second? Your ISDN device is detected. It's look like a login/password issue, or maybe it depend which is your country. 'euro isdn' is just a protocol for europe and some other countries, and maybe yours is some other of them that are at this link:
    http://www.protocols.com/pbook/isdn.htm#International

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    228
    What type of ISDN modem do you use (manufacturer, type) and how is it connected to the computer (PCI card, USB, serial/parallel port, ethernet)?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3
    Euro ISDN should work then, I'm from Croatia.

    I use Billion BIPAC-PCI ISDN Card, by Billion Electric Co., Ltd.

    And where is something like Device Manager in Knoppix?

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 5.3.1 und ISDN
    By abepa in forum German Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2008, 04:58 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 12:06 PM
  3. usb isdn adapter in knoppix
    By darq in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2005, 04:13 PM
  4. WebShuttle USB-ISDN-Adapter problem.
    By Jakoob-Siem in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2005, 10:40 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2004, 09:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH picture

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH

$225.00



NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW picture

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW

$599.40



HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD  🚚 picture

HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD 🚚

$140.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis

$274.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD

$349.99