Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: New to Knoppix, ISDN problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3

    New to Knoppix, ISDN problem

    Hello all!

    I am new to Knoppix and Linux at all... I am trying to setup my internet connection so I can connect to the internet, browse websites...etc. The problem is, I don't know how to set up a connection and connect. I tried with "ISDN Connection", I added new account, but it won't connect, it just says "Offline" in green box, no error messages. The problem may be in that MSN/EAZ textbox, because I really don't know what I need to put there.

    Please help me!

    Thank you,
    Nebo

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    What I usually type is: euro isdn

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3
    I tried that, but it still doesn't work. It shows "ONLINE" for a second, and then shows its offline again...

    Maybe it doesn't detect the modem? Where is something like Windows' "Device Manager" on Knoppix where I can see all hardware detected?

    Thanks,
    Nebo

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    Are you connected just for a second? Your ISDN device is detected. It's look like a login/password issue, or maybe it depend which is your country. 'euro isdn' is just a protocol for europe and some other countries, and maybe yours is some other of them that are at this link:
    http://www.protocols.com/pbook/isdn.htm#International

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    228
    What type of ISDN modem do you use (manufacturer, type) and how is it connected to the computer (PCI card, USB, serial/parallel port, ethernet)?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3
    Euro ISDN should work then, I'm from Croatia.

    I use Billion BIPAC-PCI ISDN Card, by Billion Electric Co., Ltd.

    And where is something like Device Manager in Knoppix?

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 5.3.1 und ISDN
    By abepa in forum German Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2008, 04:58 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 12:06 PM
  3. usb isdn adapter in knoppix
    By darq in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2005, 04:13 PM
  4. WebShuttle USB-ISDN-Adapter problem.
    By Jakoob-Siem in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2005, 10:40 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2004, 09:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A picture

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A

$34.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD  picture

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD

$13.00



Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$52.99



Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU

$50.00



PNY CS900 2TB Sata Solid State Drive (SSD) picture

PNY CS900 2TB Sata Solid State Drive (SSD)

$150.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



KingSpec SSD 2.5

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac

$60.00



Western Digital 256GB NVMe 2280 80mm SSD SDAPNUW-256G-1006 L18845-002 SN520 picture

Western Digital 256GB NVMe 2280 80mm SSD SDAPNUW-256G-1006 L18845-002 SN520

$29.99