Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: New to Knoppix, ISDN problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3

    New to Knoppix, ISDN problem

    Hello all!

    I am new to Knoppix and Linux at all... I am trying to setup my internet connection so I can connect to the internet, browse websites...etc. The problem is, I don't know how to set up a connection and connect. I tried with "ISDN Connection", I added new account, but it won't connect, it just says "Offline" in green box, no error messages. The problem may be in that MSN/EAZ textbox, because I really don't know what I need to put there.

    Please help me!

    Thank you,
    Nebo

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    What I usually type is: euro isdn

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3
    I tried that, but it still doesn't work. It shows "ONLINE" for a second, and then shows its offline again...

    Maybe it doesn't detect the modem? Where is something like Windows' "Device Manager" on Knoppix where I can see all hardware detected?

    Thanks,
    Nebo

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    Are you connected just for a second? Your ISDN device is detected. It's look like a login/password issue, or maybe it depend which is your country. 'euro isdn' is just a protocol for europe and some other countries, and maybe yours is some other of them that are at this link:
    http://www.protocols.com/pbook/isdn.htm#International

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    228
    What type of ISDN modem do you use (manufacturer, type) and how is it connected to the computer (PCI card, USB, serial/parallel port, ethernet)?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3
    Euro ISDN should work then, I'm from Croatia.

    I use Billion BIPAC-PCI ISDN Card, by Billion Electric Co., Ltd.

    And where is something like Device Manager in Knoppix?

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 5.3.1 und ISDN
    By abepa in forum German Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2008, 04:58 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 12:06 PM
  3. usb isdn adapter in knoppix
    By darq in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2005, 04:13 PM
  4. WebShuttle USB-ISDN-Adapter problem.
    By Jakoob-Siem in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2005, 10:40 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2004, 09:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$13.99



Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New picture

Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New

$185.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD picture

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD

$199.00



Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package

$299.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



Maxed HP MicroServer Gen8 3.5GHz Xeon E3-1270 V2 16GB RAM 40TB RAID 1TB SSD NAS picture

Maxed HP MicroServer Gen8 3.5GHz Xeon E3-1270 V2 16GB RAM 40TB RAID 1TB SSD NAS

$1499.00



NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch picture

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch

$499.99



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99