Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Where is stuff in/on Knoppix 4.0 DVD

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    38

    Where is stuff in/on Knoppix 4.0 DVD

    I have installed Knoppix 4.0 from DVD and am looking for (among other things) the 2.6.11 kernel source.
    It must be somewhere in the 4 gigs but I've not been able to find it...
    Help on howto locate it and other available packages would be appreciated.

    Ted in Atlanta

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    228
    Other files are (also?) missing: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20285

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by ockham23
    No. The post that you gave a link to is clearly by someone who insists on "installing" Knoppix to hard disk. If you look, the things they talk about not being there after a "hard disk install" are certainly on the disc when Knoppix is run as intended from the optical media. It's just another case of something not working after a hard disk install, not anything missing from the disc.

    I'm not sure about the sources though. They certaibly might be missing. I'm still waiting for the official ISO to be released so haven't seen a 4.0 DVD yet.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    38

    Where is stuff in/on Knoppix 4.0 DVD

    Harry

    I did install Knoppix on a hard drive... I still have and can boot the DVD.... if the sources are on the DVD
    can you tell me where they are and how to extract them.

    Thanks

    Ted in Atlanta

  5. #5
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Ted,

    Read my post. I tried to make it very clear that 1) I do not have the 4.0 DVD, I'm waiting for an official release, and 2) I don't know if the sources are on the DVD or not. You gave a link to a post about thing "missing" that are not missing at all, just a result of yet another problem with installing Knoppix to hard disk, and I was pointing out that the stuff mentioned in the link was not missing from the disc. But I tried to make it clear that I have no information on the status of the sources you seek.

    Harry

Similar Threads

  1. How to put stuff in /home/knoppix?
    By CarNagE in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-21-2006, 08:59 PM
  2. Trying to install stuff on Knoppix 3.6
    By tofu in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-16-2004, 04:20 AM
  3. Add knoppix along with other stuff on dvd
    By silvershadow in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 12:55 PM
  4. knoppix 3.3 stuff
    By turbine in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 05:40 PM
  5. Where is the dvd stuff installed in Knoppix
    By beforewisdom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2003, 01:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W picture

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W

$285.97



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays

$599.99



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99