-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
Penquin
Well you guys have done amazing things just like that "in about a minute". Can you also give some instructions how to do it?
I'm using Cerberus FTP Server V 1.71. I had already used it and had experience setting it up on another system (it's always best to have done these kinds of things at times other than when you are in a state of panic trying to recover a crashed system). So it really did take as little time as I said to grab the copy I already had downloaded, run the quick installer, and set up an account with write access. Didn't have to make any changes to my router firewall since all traffic to this server would be on the local lLAN (incoming FTP traffic is still routed to the first FTP server).
I'm not recommending Cerberus over any other Windows FTP server. In fact I had a lot of problems with a 2.x version, so I fell back to 1.71. And it has some quirks. But there are multiple free FTP servers out there, a Google search would be a good place to start. Pick one, see what others say about it, then just follow the package's instructions on how to set it up (I'm certainly not going to try to rewrite FTP server documentation here).
Similar Threads
-
By elohnah in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-06-2009, 04:23 AM
-
By kaptan in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-08-2007, 12:23 AM
-
By nnigam in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-08-2007, 10:07 PM
-
By borgward in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-01-2006, 11:51 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-05-2003, 06:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00

Ibm Computer Tower
$400.00

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$135.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99