-
Junior Member
registered user
-I just tried the install by the "lars" method as modified by "mourner." I am using Knoppix_V3.3-09-24-EN. The driver I am installing is NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496.run (the very latest driver.)
My dinosaur computer is a K6-2 300 with an ALI p5A mobo and 256MB of PC100 SDRAM.
My dinosaur card is actually the oldest card supported by these drivers, a PCI Creative TNT Riva with 16MB SDRAM (CT6700).
The install worked, and I am now getting the "NVIDIA" splash screen upon starting X.
However, when I ran "update-modules" at the end of the install, I get the following message:
depmod: unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/kernel/drivers/char/drm/gamma.0
Any ideas?
Except for some strange error messages at boot , the drivers appears to be functioning without any problems. I should note that I have yet to put the 3-D drivers through their paces.
Any help with the above error message would be most appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By robelanator in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 49
Last Post: 10-06-2004, 10:10 PM
-
By Yakumo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 14
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 05:07 PM
-
By Gozar in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-13-2004, 08:03 PM
-
By kelmo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-09-2004, 09:20 AM
-
By newiaqua in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-26-2003, 07:22 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00