Hi *.*
I use the poor man installation booting ISO img from a NTFS System.
Hardware IBM Laptop R40e
Knoppix V3.8 works perfect but when I boot Knoppix 3.9 the System freeze
in the Moment I start Firefox. Same problem with conqueror.
Bye
Stefan
Hi *.*
I use the poor man installation booting ISO img from a NTFS System.
Hardware IBM Laptop R40e
Knoppix V3.8 works perfect but when I boot Knoppix 3.9 the System freeze
in the Moment I start Firefox. Same problem with conqueror.
Bye
Stefan
I have the same problem... if it's a problem with network, if any kind person could tell a newbie how to fix it? :P
Yeonil
hmm ping is fine, google responds, localhost too, i can use links and lynx in the terminal, and konqueror starts with it's predefined knoppix-start page loaded from somewhere on my disk, but if i point him to a web adress, or launch firefox, then boom, system crashes...
(also i am having difficulties getting the configuration to persist, maybe because it cannot find my disk image, but i will figure out where to paste the mounting script eventually :P )
Any help with the web browsing problem will be greatly appreciated ;D
Yeonil
(edit.: and to be clear: i can browse the web with links and lynx)
Ok I made my mind. I shouldn't have beed installing KnoppixLiveCD on HDD on the first place :P I am gonna get Ubuntu, maybe, because a friend of mine knows it, and, you know, a friend is a invaluable source of information. Don't get me wrong, Knoppix made it's job in changing my mind to linux, and the CD version worked fine. Alas, i am a kind of lazy person, and waiting for a reasonable solution or even downloading another bugless relase is too much for me, (but i can care reading linux manuals, so far). So my mind goes: why i am trying to install a livecd on my disk, if a well suited distro for this purpose is already there. So, as the problem mentioning here remains open, I have lost my curiosity.
I'd like to thank anyone involved in knoppix dev. and say bye,
Yeonil

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99