-
Booting ver 4 DVD iso on HDD from a CD
Okay, Problem is ....
Laptop with no FDD or DVD only CD or HDD that it can boot from. Ver 4 DVD iso is on NTFS in the root of the first partition (c Drive in Windows). I need to keep Windows ;-((
I would like to create a bootable CD where I can set lang=UK and MYCONFIG=/dev/sda1 (or something like that) AND use the FROM HDD option to point to the DVD iso on my C drive
Can anybody help me create the bootable CD that will do what I want?
Thanks in advance
-
Re: Booting ver 4 DVD iso on HDD from a CD

Originally Posted by
cdboot
Okay, Problem is ....
Laptop with no FDD or DVD only CD or HDD that it can boot from. Ver 4 DVD iso is on NTFS in the root of the first partition (c Drive in Windows). I need to keep Windows ;-((
I would like to create a bootable CD where I can set lang=UK and MYCONFIG=/dev/sda1 (or something like that) AND use the FROM HDD option to point to the DVD iso on my C drive
Can anybody help me create the bootable CD that will do what I want?
Thanks in advance
Make is easier. Boot knoppix from the iso file in the ntfs partition of your hdd.
Look in here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...=asc&start=240
and hre: http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition
Good Luck and let me know...
Gilles
Similar Threads
-
By jtsymbo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2006, 01:08 AM
-
By mortfrog in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 06:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$74.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$105.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99

Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health
$187.00

Micron 1100 MTFDDAK512TBN 512GB SSD SATA III 2.5in Laptop/PC Solid State Drive
$64.99