-
Using Knoppix and QEMU for Software RAID
I know, this is borderline, but figure this is the group of folks who might know. I do a lot of audio and video stuff for myself and my family. I also have a rather unusual networking setup. Long story short, when I try to run Linux as my primary OS, I usually end up reinstalling Windows after a couple weeks because there are still holes in what I can do. That isn't the fault of Linux as much as folks who write device drivers or have video codecs that require DirectShow.
However, the big thing I really miss from Linux that keeps me trying to find a way to convert is the support for Software RAID 5.
It occured to me yesterday that perhaps the trick would be to use QEMU to run Knoppix under Windows, and then setup a RAID 5 array under it. Not to mention then having access to Linux for some other fun stuff.
I'm not sure if that's even possible, and if it is, how much trouble I would have moving files around to and from the RAID array if it's setup that way. So I'm wondering if anyone on here has ever tried this?
TIA,
Ewan
Similar Threads
-
By geojunk in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-29-2006, 02:36 PM
-
By mahdi in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-09-2005, 05:10 PM
-
By rohandhruva in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-11-2004, 07:02 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 05:03 AM
-
By wooac in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 06:47 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$99.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON **
$99.99

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage All-in-One Desktop Computer
$95.00

Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces
$40.99