-
Booting ver 4 DVD iso on HDD from a CD
Okay, Problem is ....
Laptop with no FDD or DVD only CD or HDD that it can boot from. Ver 4 DVD iso is on NTFS in the root of the first partition (c Drive in Windows). I need to keep Windows ;-((
I would like to create a bootable CD where I can set lang=UK and MYCONFIG=/dev/sda1 (or something like that) AND use the FROM HDD option to point to the DVD iso on my C drive
Can anybody help me create the bootable CD that will do what I want?
Thanks in advance
-
Re: Booting ver 4 DVD iso on HDD from a CD

Originally Posted by
cdboot
Okay, Problem is ....
Laptop with no FDD or DVD only CD or HDD that it can boot from. Ver 4 DVD iso is on NTFS in the root of the first partition (c Drive in Windows). I need to keep Windows ;-((
I would like to create a bootable CD where I can set lang=UK and MYCONFIG=/dev/sda1 (or something like that) AND use the FROM HDD option to point to the DVD iso on my C drive
Can anybody help me create the bootable CD that will do what I want?
Thanks in advance
Make is easier. Boot knoppix from the iso file in the ntfs partition of your hdd.
Look in here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...=asc&start=240
and hre: http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition
Good Luck and let me know...
Gilles
Similar Threads
-
By jtsymbo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2006, 01:08 AM
-
By mortfrog in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 06:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...
$349.99

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00

LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$245.00

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99