-
Booting ver 4 DVD iso on HDD from a CD
Okay, Problem is ....
Laptop with no FDD or DVD only CD or HDD that it can boot from. Ver 4 DVD iso is on NTFS in the root of the first partition (c Drive in Windows). I need to keep Windows ;-((
I would like to create a bootable CD where I can set lang=UK and MYCONFIG=/dev/sda1 (or something like that) AND use the FROM HDD option to point to the DVD iso on my C drive
Can anybody help me create the bootable CD that will do what I want?
Thanks in advance
-
Re: Booting ver 4 DVD iso on HDD from a CD

Originally Posted by
cdboot
Okay, Problem is ....
Laptop with no FDD or DVD only CD or HDD that it can boot from. Ver 4 DVD iso is on NTFS in the root of the first partition (c Drive in Windows). I need to keep Windows ;-((
I would like to create a bootable CD where I can set lang=UK and MYCONFIG=/dev/sda1 (or something like that) AND use the FROM HDD option to point to the DVD iso on my C drive
Can anybody help me create the bootable CD that will do what I want?
Thanks in advance
Make is easier. Boot knoppix from the iso file in the ntfs partition of your hdd.
Look in here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...=asc&start=240
and hre: http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition
Good Luck and let me know...
Gilles
Similar Threads
-
By jtsymbo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2006, 01:08 AM
-
By mortfrog in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 06:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

128gb DDR4 Ram Hpyerx HX430C15PB3K8/128 16x8 3000 MHZ CL15 Tested Read DESC
$300.00

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CMK32GX4M2E3200C16
$160.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

OWC 32GB DDR4 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933 288-Pin ECC RDIMM RAM
$200.00

Teamgroup 32GB DDR4 SODIMM RAM (2x16GB) - TED416G2666C19-SBK
$107.99

Crucial 16GB DDR4-3200 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Laptop Memory Model: CT16G4SFRA32A.FF1
$85.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Team Group Team Elite DDR3-1600 DIMM 16GB (2x8GB) 240-Pin Desktop RAM
$35.00