-
Booting ver 4 DVD iso on HDD from a CD
Okay, Problem is ....
Laptop with no FDD or DVD only CD or HDD that it can boot from. Ver 4 DVD iso is on NTFS in the root of the first partition (c Drive in Windows). I need to keep Windows ;-((
I would like to create a bootable CD where I can set lang=UK and MYCONFIG=/dev/sda1 (or something like that) AND use the FROM HDD option to point to the DVD iso on my C drive
Can anybody help me create the bootable CD that will do what I want?
Thanks in advance
-
Re: Booting ver 4 DVD iso on HDD from a CD

Originally Posted by
cdboot
Okay, Problem is ....
Laptop with no FDD or DVD only CD or HDD that it can boot from. Ver 4 DVD iso is on NTFS in the root of the first partition (c Drive in Windows). I need to keep Windows ;-((
I would like to create a bootable CD where I can set lang=UK and MYCONFIG=/dev/sda1 (or something like that) AND use the FROM HDD option to point to the DVD iso on my C drive
Can anybody help me create the bootable CD that will do what I want?
Thanks in advance
Make is easier. Boot knoppix from the iso file in the ntfs partition of your hdd.
Look in here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...=asc&start=240
and hre: http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition
Good Luck and let me know...
Gilles
Similar Threads
-
By jtsymbo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2006, 01:08 AM
-
By mortfrog in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 06:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX
$149.99

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99