-
Booting ver 4 DVD iso on HDD from a CD
Okay, Problem is ....
Laptop with no FDD or DVD only CD or HDD that it can boot from. Ver 4 DVD iso is on NTFS in the root of the first partition (c Drive in Windows). I need to keep Windows ;-((
I would like to create a bootable CD where I can set lang=UK and MYCONFIG=/dev/sda1 (or something like that) AND use the FROM HDD option to point to the DVD iso on my C drive
Can anybody help me create the bootable CD that will do what I want?
Thanks in advance
-
Re: Booting ver 4 DVD iso on HDD from a CD

Originally Posted by
cdboot
Okay, Problem is ....
Laptop with no FDD or DVD only CD or HDD that it can boot from. Ver 4 DVD iso is on NTFS in the root of the first partition (c Drive in Windows). I need to keep Windows ;-((
I would like to create a bootable CD where I can set lang=UK and MYCONFIG=/dev/sda1 (or something like that) AND use the FROM HDD option to point to the DVD iso on my C drive
Can anybody help me create the bootable CD that will do what I want?
Thanks in advance
Make is easier. Boot knoppix from the iso file in the ntfs partition of your hdd.
Look in here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...=asc&start=240
and hre: http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition
Good Luck and let me know...
Gilles
Similar Threads
-
By jtsymbo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2006, 01:08 AM
-
By mortfrog in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 06:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2 x Vintage IBM Mainframe Computer Card - Circuit Board
$49.99

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold
$749.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$97.95

VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE
$299.99

SOYO SY25 R-Vesa Socket 3 Motherboard SiS Chipset Mainframe
$73.99