-
Incomplete installation of Knoppix 4.0 DVD to HD
I used 'knoppix-installer' to install Knoppix 4.0 from the DVD to my harddisk, as a Debian type of system. When I booted Knoppix from HD, I noticed that the installation is incomplete
. Among others, many man pages, OpenOffice.org and Eclipse were missing. I happened to discover the missing stuff in directory /KNOPPIX2 on the DVD. So, after rebooting from DVD, I copied the contents of that directory (namely folders /usr and /opt) to my HD. Now everything seems to work fine
(I haven't tried all options yet).
Kanotix or Fabian, could you eventually fix this?
Greetings and thanx for your work!
Similar Threads
-
By tgodkin in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-23-2009, 05:43 AM
-
By kapper in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-21-2008, 04:36 PM
-
By michel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 05:02 PM
-
By vdesibabu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:47 PM
-
By Mr.Redhat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$349.95