-
Senior Member
registered user
KDE3.4.2 working from Ubuntu sources
Just thought I'd mention that my remastering is going pretty well with KDE 3.4.2. I had some trouble getting kdelibs replaced/installed and I'd hopped from kde 3.4.0 to 3.4.1-1 from an unofficial debian source to 3.4.2 from Ubuntu. No idea what this might mean in the way of headaches for me in the long run....
Having the incorrect kdelibs package (or maybe it was simply in a broken state) caused some unusual problems like - empty kontrol center/empty kmenu/empty kicker. Fixing it brought everything but the menu back. Fixing the menu proved to be not too tough, but then that's really relative, as tough to me is defined as wrestiling with the menus for more than 20 hours. It seemed once I remade the category folders that most of my items were still there so it only took me a couple of hours to get it all just right.
I found a hidden option for making the menu items and icons larger than normal in ~/.kickerrc, so its all looking pretty sweet. I pulled an openoffice 2.0 package from kanotix into the mix too. BTW, does anyone know where I can get the original acroread that comes with Knoppix? 7.0.0.9 is like 55MB whereas the one in knoppix (4.0?, 5.0?) is like 13.9MB. That's help me a lot.
Screenshot later tonight. I should get the iso built very soon. This'll be based on Knoppix 3.7 and is updated to the latest unstable packages. I've found UnionFS so far to cause more trouble than its worth, so maybe next time around I'll make a 4.0 DVD and CD.
Now to sort out qemu....
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2006, 12:45 PM
-
By Amsicora in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-24-2004, 05:46 PM
-
By jackren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 06:22 PM
-
By Icaro in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 01:03 PM
-
By mrblah in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-27-2003, 05:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

Vintage Apple Keyboard II Model M0487 & G5431 Mouse UNTESTED AS-IS
$59.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

Vintage Apple Pro Keyboard USB Mac M7803 **Used in box
$75.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Lot of 64 Apple II IIe IIc 5.25” Floppy Disk Games Software Utilities Vintage
$39.00

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00